A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Folding @ Home

Forum rules
Welcome to our modest though robust team of folders! You are all more than welcome to join us or ask specific questions about how to go about folding but please start a new thread to post your questions, this way nothing of importance will be lost and everyone here will help you out.

If you just want to chat folding then the Folding@Home Home thread will be great!

Postby old-gray » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:55 am

I will sit back and watch...

My laptop has been running about 24 hours, not exactly...been using it a lot during that time...

It is running genome@home, and is working on 2/20 WU and has completed 2%.
Is this a realistic speed for a pentium II at 244 mhz with 32 meg ram and also downloading large files from the internet almost constantly? seems that it is loping along just fine..

I have two winxp machines online, one is serving as an internet server, so is not busy at all, and is connected constantly, the other xp machine is my main workstation, but is only used about 20 min per day. I think both machines will perform well considering the laptop is working at all....

Thanks again for the info and the thread...

I think that I am going to enjoy this..
Bob
Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum!
PRO Level 7
Location: Dixie land, where I was borned, early on one frosty morn..

Postby ZeroByte » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:28 am

I need to get this client installed again. Now that I have a dedicated server I can run my folding client on.

Edit: If anyone is interested in how the team is doing goto here.

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main ... mnum=13790

We are team 13790 if you want to join.
PRO Level 15

Postby augie » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:46 am

Old Grey wrote:It is running genome@home, and is working on 2/20 WU and has completed 2%.
Is this a realistic speed for a pentium II at 244 mhz with 32 meg ram and also downloading large files from the internet almost constantly? seems that it is loping along just fine..

Sounds good to me. It takes some 3 days or more to complete a WU on my 1 GHZ Celly. However, I just OC'd it to 1.32 GHZ so I'll see if there's a difference.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby imnuts » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:48 am

for me, it's been taking about 2-2.5 days for the WUs to finish here, but i seem to be getting the ones they give about 2 weeks to complete
PRO SUPREME

Postby old-gray » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:54 am

augie wrote:
Old Grey wrote:It is running genome@home, and is working on 2/20 WU and has completed 2%.

EDIT: made a mistake. The GUI says 1/40 WU completed, 2%...

Looks like a couple of weeks to finish, at least..still no problem as long as the time doesnt run out.

In the process of installing on the server...it should be faster..LOL
>
>

Sounds good to me. It takes some 3 days or more to complete a WU on my 1 GHZ Celly. However, I just OC'd it to 1.32 GHZ so I'll see if there's a difference.
Bob
PRO Level 7

Postby old-gray » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:30 am

Now running fold on both xp machines...quite a difference in speed..

one has a 10 day completion date, the other has a 4 day completion date.

will see if either finishes on time..

anyone know of an AI group...would like to work some more with artificial intelligence.. 9 years is a long time to be away from my studies. will google it...may turn up something.
Bob
PRO Level 7

Postby rippinchikkin » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:54 pm

Looking forward to monday when it will up load me to the team and the few WU's I have started this week. Bummer I lost the 207 already done, cest'la vie.
^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^
We will build a strong team, and get pro-net up in the team rankings. :yesnod:
A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
VP - Syndication

Postby old-gray » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:47 pm

Sounds good Rip...

my equipment is slow, and my slowest xp machine is working on AMBER core 35/2000 frames and WU end 20 Apr 05 with 40d 22h 28 min....wow.

it is slowly chugging along... i think it will make the cutoff date.

my faster xp machine is working on AMBER core of 25/250 completed and has about 5 days left to complete....think the workload should have been reversed on the machines...LOL

good luck on the uploads and the results on Monday.
Bob
PRO Level 7

Postby rippinchikkin » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:16 pm

Im trying not to let my impatients get the best of me, the guys at stanford say it can take a few hours for the new information to appear in the stats pages. But Im still not showing up on the team page or in my personal profile. But alas I do have our team number in, so at least we are getting credit...
thats the important thing.
they uploaded at stanford 12:noon Cali time. Im waiting... tap tap tap tap(my foot)
A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
VP - Syndication

Postby old-gray » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:38 am

Question:

My slow xp machine is showing;

Team Number:

Finished WUs:
none

Working on:
Amber
Amber core

Frames completed:
0/2000
timing estimated
44/2000 (estimate)

WU end:
15:07 Wed 20 Apr 05
40d:17h:38m:41s

My question is;
should the frames completed show 0/2000 when 44/2000 (estimate) is also showing?

BTW: hope your upload goes well Rip.
Bob
PRO Level 7

PreviousNext

Return to Distributed Computing