A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Yet another XP/Vista dual-boot nightmare (Resolved)

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Postby NT50 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:04 am

You error has to do with your RAID. When you put the 160 in it was not setup in RAID and was just a single drive.

Glad you got it fixed. I'm going to change the subject line to Resolved. If you feel that it is not Resolved please post back and I will change it back.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby tb57 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:35 am

Yes, there's definitely a problem with the Matrix Storage Manager as such, and the drivers for it.

However, I couldn't install on the WD5000YSs in single-disk RAID-ready or even AHCI mode, so there's also a problem with handling Western Digital disks.

All in all, Microsoft-Intel-Western Digital-Gigabyte have messed up big time by not working together on this. Dunno who's most to blame, but the Gigabyte board is classed as "Premium" ready for Vista, Western Digital as "unknown" (i.e. not even "Basic").

Should've done more research on compatibility and stuck to Seagate - they've never let me down.
Antec P180B, Gigabyte P965-DQ6, Intel E6400, 2GB Corsair XMS, Scythe Ninja, 2xMSI 512MB, 2xSamsung DVD, 2xWD5000JS RE2 HDs, Akasa fan controller, Antec Phantom 500 PSU
PRO New Member

Postby NT50 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:31 pm

I'm running two WD 150GB drive, not in RAID, and they work fine. I am running an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium board.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to Windows Boot Problems