A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Time to get a new UPS, recommendations?

Time to get a new UPS, recommendations?

Postby augie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:54 pm

I currently have a 5 year old Ultra 1025VA (similar but not exact model) running a modem/router/LCD and a quad with 2 9800GTs. The battery looks good, I check every 6 months, and only have maybe 8 min. before the thing gets to below the preset charge % and really starts screaming that it's power is nearly gone.

I was thinking of just getting a new battery but looking at the age of the UPS I was thinking of getting a completely new box. This has been my one and only UPS experience and the Ultra has been excellent for the price/performance but is getting old! Their blurb states 50 minutes up time but I guess they're talking about regular folks. :roleeyes

Does anyone have any other preferences as to brand? I'm thinking of getting a 2000VA UPS so's I can surf with my lappy for a few hours. It's very rare that power goes out longer than that.

Thanks all.:)
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Re: Time to get a new UPS, recommendations?

Postby yeshuas » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:42 am

I have 2 APC UPS's that are very similar to yours, and I replaced the batteries in mine a couple years ago. The place next door to where I used to work sells the batteries and at quite a savings to what it would have cost to buy a new UPS.
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Return to Hardware and Customizing