A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Problems(?) with DualBootPro 1.1

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Re: Problems(?) with DualBootPro 1.1

Postby Idontbyte » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:10 am

Progress Report:

I'm trying to set up X64 so that I can use it instead of X86 and therefore take advantage of the currently unused memory.

Anyway, I appear to have got the two O/Ss working as I want although I still need to install a load of software under X64.

I managed to fix the access problems by adding "Everyone" security with "Everything" to the folders, etc. on D: - not very happy about this! What I couldn't understand was that this was unnecessary on the K: partition (separate disk drive from D:).

And then I noticed that Windows Explorer had "changed" the name of the D: partition to "Local Disk" and wouldn't let me change it back. Disk Management still showed it as "Data Disk". This was evident in both O/Ss.

After a bit of thought I realised that the only difference between K: and D: (that was evident to me) was that I'd added folders on D: to the "Libraries" in Windows Explorer. So, I removed these folders from the Libraries and at some point in this procedure (presumably after removing the last one, but I was also rebooting between the O/Ss during this and can't say when categorically) I realised that Windows Explorer was now showing the correct partition name for D:.

I now have to finish installing my software under X64.

Thanks for all your help.
PRO New Member

Previous

Return to PRO Software