A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

PowerVR Kyro II AGP speed problem

PowerVR Kyro II AGP speed problem

Postby AJW86 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:29 pm

i have a set of Kyro based video cards, i have heard rumors about the original Kyro only being a AGP2x card even though its sold as a AGP2x/4x card, but thats not the big problem, because my old Kyro is in an AGP 2x system anyway. The problem is that my Kyro II is in a AGP4x slot but only runs at 2x (tested using SiS AGP Util) and only comes up as a PCI card in Device Manager. does anyone know why this card is running slow? and what i could do to remedie this. or is it just an unfixed fault with the kyro 2, because it is effectively a kyro 1 with a higher clock to memory speed
PRO New Member

Postby TheROCK » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:52 pm

Hmm,

I think you may want to look here:

http://www.powervr.org.uk/faq/faq.htm

And get with the manufac. for specific details.

This quote is pulled from the above link
What AGP modes does KYRO I/II support?
KYRO I boards support all PCI and AGP modes including AGP 4x SBA. Current KYRO II boards support PCI and AGP modes up to 2x SBA.
Dont take life to seriously, you will never get out alive..
Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed.
PRO New Member

Very Odd

Postby AJW86 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:31 pm

arent new versions supposed to be better/faster? ;)
that is strange, so although my Kyro I has less memory it may actually run faster than the Kyro II? so in that case is it worth me swapping them around?

Chez for that though Rock, much appericiated
PRO New Member

Postby da Coach » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:19 am

Sadly, the Kyro II isn't a very fast chipset, especially by today's standards. I had one in my Prophet 4500 64mb, which only ran at 2x agp before I upgraded it, although I doubt very much that the Kyro I is going to be faster. But, honestly, I wasn't very happy with my Kyro II - I would have preferred one of the Geforce 2 mx400s with which it was intended to compete - and I suggest you upgrade to rather than worrying about underperforming cards :(.
PRO New Member

Return to Hardware and Customizing