A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

hey! nvidia nforce ethernet problem :(

hey! nvidia nforce ethernet problem :(

Postby sawm666 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:31 am

ok so my friends ethernet cards intergraded hes got one of those nvidia hp sets from a cople years ago (6about) and i was wondering why its not working -_- i mean internet get no conection wen i put cable and wen i broug my pc it went fine internet was working i tried reinstaling drivers it dosent work it just stoped working so i guesing for just broken thing is its intergrated if u buy a new ethernet card will internet work? :/ THANKS already

(p.s sorry for how i speak in english eh :() )
PRO New Member

Re: hey! nvidia nforce ethernet problem :(

Postby augie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Welcome aboard sawm666 and don't worry about your English, it's fine.;) Hmm, what does device manager say, assuming it's running XP. What mobo do you have? Usually one installs chipset drivers first and then the Ethernet one.

Yes on a PCI Ethernet card, they are cheap and work well with no need to install drivers, you'll just have to check your network places and disable the motherboard Ethernet. This is actually what I had to do with my 4 year old ASUS nForce A8N-E mobo.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Re: hey! nvidia nforce ethernet problem :(

Postby JabbaPapa » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:06 pm

There are fundamentally two possible causes for your issue :

1) Onboard ethernet card is broken, so installing a PCI ethernet card should fix it, but you should be aware that your motherboard is starting to fail and act accordingly

2) Onboard networking controller is broken, in which case your motherboard is basically hosed

In both cases, the end result is that you are heading towards new motherboard time :( ... although you may be able to temporarily delay this by using a PCI ethernet card as suggested ...
PRO VETERAN

Return to General Windows Support