A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

XP Crashes on Boot Up/Vista Boots ok

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

XP Crashes on Boot Up/Vista Boots ok

Postby Grahamr47 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been using dual boot for quite awhile with no issues mainly thanks to Vistaboot Pro!! and you guys, however I have just upgraded and changed Mainboard,CPU,and Graphics Card. I expected I would have to run repair installs on both Vista 64bit and Xp Pro 32bit however I initially booted in to Vista it started up no problem so I installed the drivers etc for my new components and it runs very well, My problems started when I booted XP about 20 secs into start it crashes and reboots, however, it will boot into safe mode, in safe mode I installed the drivers etc as above and rebooted it still crashes, I next tried a repair install however, when windows setup has loaded it doesn't recognise my xp installation it just shows the drive as c: Partition.
I have followed the tutorial re Vista running xp won't boot. but so far it hasn't worked.
So once again guys I need your help any suggestions would be gratefully received. :yesnod:

System specs
Mainboard Gigabyte MA790X-DS4
AMD 9750 Quad Phenom 2.4Ghz
ATI HD3850 1024mb DDR2 Crossfire X2
4Gb Corsair XMS PC8500 DDR2
1X 500GB Seagate Sata300 HD
1X 250GB Seagate Sata300 HD
2xDVDs
The 250gig drive is split 50/50 XP on 0 Vista on 1

Thanks
PRO Level 2

Return to Windows Boot Problems