A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VistaBootPRO Backup Export Bug

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

VistaBootPRO Backup Export Bug

Postby luskaner » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:49 pm

Hello, first of all i have to say this software is really good :notworthy
but i found a bug while trying to export a backup, I'm using the version 3.3 and Windows Vista Ultimate 32b Spanish. The Message is an error which explains:
[code]VistaBootPro detected an error when attempting to run the following command:

/export "C:\Users\David\Documents\Boot.bcd"

La operaci
Last edited by luskaner on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:00 am

Thanks a lot for your input and feedback luskaner ^*^

I'm going to move your post to the PROnet Developed Software forum so our programmers will catch it.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby effesix » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Hi !
Same problem with my PC.
So I tried to manualy export the bcd using bcdedit (bcdedit /export filename
Vista returned 'Access denied'
I'm administrator for my PC (Vista home french, SP1 installed)
Could my post help?

No solution found at this time...
PRO New Member

Postby jbullard » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:29 pm

@effesix,

You need to right click on Command Prompt and Run As Administrator. This program has to be run from an elevated level or it will return Access Denied.

@luskaner,

The problem is a language barrier. We are looking for a value to be returned but it is in english. When Vista was updated somewhere down the line they updated the bcdedit program. This started causing many problems for VBP but it all had to do with a language translation. Bcdedit was returning stuff in your language but VBP is trying to match based on English. Be patient as we are working on a new version which will correct this issue.

Thanks,
Jason
VP - Software

Return to PRO Software