A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Trying dualboot but XP won't recognize my HDD

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Postby vikramhegde » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:24 am

I tried installing XP following above instructions, but xp installation dose not recognise my hard drive. It gives an error and quits. Am I doin something wrong here?
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:47 am

vikramhegde wrote:I tried installing XP following above instructions, but xp installation dose not recognise my hard drive. It gives an error and quits. Am I doin something wrong here?

Welcome to PROnetworks vikramhegde. What drive configuration do you have and in particular what drive type are you using? SATA or IDE or a combination of the two and what chipset is your HDD controller?

It sounds like you need to install SATA F6 floppy drivers but that's hard to tell from the limited info available

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby kd1966 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:06 pm

Hi and welcome to PROnetworks! I've moved your topic here to give you more "eyes on" and possibly a faster solution. Try Grav!ty's solution and enjoy the site!
PRO PLATINUM

Postby NT50 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:22 pm

Is it Windows XP w/ SP2?
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby vikramhegde » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:03 pm

Its a SATA drive with Vista on it already. I made a new partition for XP SP2.
PRO New Member

Postby NT50 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:08 am

You may need to find the sata drivers in order to load XP.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby vikramhegde » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:53 am

Sata drivers are loadable while XP installation through a flopy. i do not have a drive in my laptop!
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:04 pm

You may need to purchase an external floppy drive -- also make sure that you have XP SP2, or the Setup program may be unable to see the floppy drive !
PRO VETERAN

Return to Windows Boot Problems