A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Thoughts on VMware/ESX server?

Thoughts on VMware/ESX server?

Postby kd1966 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:01 am

Like many curious folks, I dabbled in VirtualPC and VMware stuff - mostly just running VPC's as a sort of 'testbed" for apps and drivers, but I didn't really realize the scope of what is out there now with VMWare, and even MS is getting into the act, albeit a bit late in the game, with HyperV or something to that effect................ At our work we are preparing to implement ESX server and I can hardly wait; I've been getting bits and pieces of info and offline training as well. Heck - I installed ESX on the servers we plan to implement this on, and it is pretty straightforward, although the next step in getting the iSCSI SAN's set up is bound to be a bit more difficult........... :lol:
Our network admin registered me at the VMware site for VM training too, so this is getting pretty cool.

And just a couple of years ago, simply working on a 2GB desktop workstation was pretty cool for me.......... :lol: NOW, I get to help set up 16 GB ESX servers and manage virtual servers on them.........the cosmos has shifted in a positive manner............. ^*^
PRO PLATINUM

Return to General Tech Chat