A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Problem with: Unplugged XP Drive for Vista Setup

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Problem with: Unplugged XP Drive for Vista Setup

Postby lukepb » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Hello all,
I am thankful I found out about VistaBootPro. I'm hoping someone here can assist in getting this to work. I am trying to set up a dual boot with Vista Ultimate (preinstalled from dell) and XP Pro SP2c on seperate hard drives. Reinstalling either OS really isn't an option for me.

When I try following the steps outlined in ProGuides "Unplugged XP Drive for Vista Setup: Can't Dual Boot to XP". I transferred the needed files from Vista to XP system drive as instructed. When I launch VistaBootPro it shows "1 OS found", not sure if that is right or not?

When I click the Bootloader tab, the options look completely different from the pictures shown on the How-to guide (it just gives the option to _uninstall_ )? Can anyone shed some light on how to set it up using VBP 3.3 or where to download the VBP 3.1?

Thanks very much!
PRO New Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems