A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windows 7 and Leopard 10.5.5 with VistaBootPRO

Windows 7 and Leopard 10.5.5 with VistaBootPRO

Postby samm547 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:01 pm

I am currently running Win7 as my only OS, (beta build 7048) on my Toshiba Satellite M300 Intel 2 duo processor T5800 2ghz, 4G of ram, 64 bit.

I want to install my Leopard 10.5.5 as a double boot, and there is NO tutorial on the web about how to do this, so I would like some help please.

PS a couple times when i tried to create partitions using Acronis Disk director suite 10 my computer shut ☟ and had to be startup repaired because windows would not boot.
PRO New Member

Re: Windows 7 with VistaBootPRO

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:57 pm

Running Mac OS on a PC is illegal even if you own/have purchased a legitimate copy of Mac - check your License Agreement. Just a hint to point you in the right direction...google boot camp :)

The next version of VistaBootPRO will be able to help, but it is intended for those wanting to install XP, Vista or Windows 7 on an Apple.

Sorry, but we cannot help you with this unless you have an Apple system and I'm going to lock this thread.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Re: Windows 7 and Leopard 10.5.5 with VistaBootPRO

Postby JabbaPapa » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:48 am

Yes sorry about that -- but please continue to monitor Psystar's attempts to break Apple's current monopoly on Mac OS -compatible hardware ; after all IBM lost their own monopoly on Windows-compatible PCs in fairly similar circumstances ;)

Regarding Acronis Disk Director, Windows Vista and Seven use an updated version of NTFS which cannot be correctly managed by any older 3rd party partitions management software. I personally recommend Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 and later to manage Vista/Seven NTFS partitions, and there is a free-to-use version of this software available at the Paragon website -- although it will only work with 32-bit Vista/Seven, 64-bit support requiring the fully-paid version.
PRO VETERAN

Return to General Windows Support