A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Added Vista bootloader and... nothing happens

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Added Vista bootloader and... nothing happens

Postby Chumad » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:56 pm

ok, here's my situation. All drives are SATA.

My seagate drive has Vista installed. At the time, it was the first drive in the boot sequence.

I installed XP on my WD drive. After this, I would get an error saying no operating system found.

I went into BIOS and changed my boot order so that the WD drive booted first, now XP boots up fine.

I had hoped to use VistaBootPRO to add a boot loader for Vista. I do this but XP still boots up. I imagine it is because Vista is no longer the first boot drive. I figured that adding a boot loader would have added it to my WD drive and allow me to boot in Vista, but I was wrong...

Is there anyway to get this to work without making the seagate the first boot drive?

Thanks
PRO New Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems