A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windows Podcasting/podcatching software?

Windows Podcasting/podcatching software?

Postby l33t » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:58 pm

hello, all.

long time no post.

I've come here because i cant find an answer to what i thought was a simple question.

my question:
What windows software can i use to download podcast from an several RSS feeds and specify a save path for each feed. It seems that *every* podcatcher software will only allow you to specify ONE save directory for all your feeds. This will not work for my situation as i need to keep the downloads sorted by feed, and each save path is in a different location.

EG:
My weekends are quite busy (even more so than my weekdays it seems) and i rarely get a change to listen to my favorite NPR programs when they are aired by my local station. I also am a huge fan of some webcasts, namely diggnation and systm.

i need a pod casting client that can tolerate the many RSS feeds and save these shows in directories like this:

X:\radio\npr\show1\*show1*.mp3
X:\radio\npr\show2\*show2*.mp3

and

Z:\vodcasts\rev3\diggnation\*diggnation #*.avi
Z:\vodcasts\rev3\systm\*systm #*.avi

this requirement goes above what most clients can do (they will support a common directory with sub directories for each feed) as i need to specify several different common directories as shown above with the X and Z drive letters.

-- thanks for any info / help you can provide
PRO Level 14

Return to General Windows Support