A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Vista/XP Dual Boot alternative???

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Vista/XP Dual Boot alternative???

Postby mowerman90 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:36 am

I see that a lot of the questions on this and other boards relate to "dual booting XP and Vista" or installing "XP after Vista". This is done, in most cases, so that they can run certain programs not compatable with Vista. My question is: Why not use MS's free Virtual PC application to install XP
or any other OS? I just tried it tonight and was quite impressed. Fortunately for me all of my apps run well in Vista but if some didn't, I'd use Virtual PC before going through all the troubles of dual booting Vista and XP.
Vista Business Edition
BioStar 6100 M9
AMD Athlon64x2 4200
3 Gigs DDR400
250 Gig SATA System Drive
320 Gig SATA Data and Backup Drive
PRO Level 3

Postby yeshuas » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:47 am

Possibly the incompatabilty of Virtual PC 2004 with Vista not all are aware of Virtual PC 2007 or I personally like the ability of the full access of XP and ease of setup if done correctly with XP install and then adding Vista on its own partition with dual boot
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Return to Windows Boot Problems