A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Removing Boot Menu

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Removing Boot Menu

Postby papakal » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:45 am

How can I remove the boot menu that Vista BootPro created? I don't want to use Vista anymore. I have too much software that is not compatable with Vista and I choose to use only XP. I can get to Vista by using the F12 during startup but I still get the boot menu and I would like to get rid of that and just boot directly into Vista if I so choose to do so. BTW, I have XP on my startup drive and Vista on my second drive.

Thanks for any info....
PRO New Member

Postby kd1966 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:16 am

Hi and welcome to PROnetworks! I'll be moving this topic shortly; this space is reserved for VistaBootPRO 3.1 issues and bugs, and it appears your issue is more Vista specific. Thanks for understanding; please be patient as our members pop in and take a look at your issue; enjoy the site!
PRO PLATINUM

Postby NT50 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:09 pm

If you have XP install then the Vista Boot Loader is seeing that and will place XP in the boot menu. If you use VistaBootPro to remove Windows XP then you will not be able to boot to XP. If you want to boot that way the best thing you can do is remove the XP entry, disconnect the Vista drive from inside the case and do a repair on Windows XP.

Beware this is NOT the preferred way to boot Vista and XP. Vista likes to have only one system drive. When you do this you will be creating a system drive for Vista and a system drive for XP. You can then use the boot option in the bios to boot to a different hard drive but I think you will be asking for more problems than you wish. Your best bet would be to boot to ONE hard drive and use the boot menu to boot the the OS you wish to use.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems