A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

flyff & compatibility settings

flyff & compatibility settings

Postby aszid » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:22 pm

Hiya all,

I'm having a rather odd issue with Vista RC2 that i did not have with previous versions (RC1 or 5728) I thought perhaps someone may have an idea or two.

For the most part everything is running fine for me... however I have a game that has some weird things going on. The game is FlyFF ( http://flyff.gpotato.com ) It's a free MMORPG. In previous builds of Vista I was able to play this game.. with only an occasional glitch, I tried all sorts of things to get rid of the "occasional" glitches, to no avail. I tried pretty much all of the compatibility settings, and it still ran the same.

When trying to play this game in RC2.... The text in the game (Starting at the login screen) is mostly invisible, and some of it flickers in momentarily, and some small parts of the text are constantly there... seems quite odd, and leaves the game pretty much unplayable.

In an attempt to get around this issue, I've tried to set the game to run in compatibility mode for XP SP2.... The end result of this... is that when I try to run the game... It begins to start up... then it crashes without a message, and causes a cascade of crashes of explorer... That is, I have crash dialogs opening faster than i can close them, pretty much all of them saying "explorer has crashed"

I was thinking this may have something to do with the fact that I upgraded from 5728, instead of doing a clean install this time... but I'm really not sure, and I'd rather not wipe my system again just to have the same issues when I've re-installed.

My system specs are:
Athlon64 X2 3800+
DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D (nForce4 ultra chipset)
2gb Corsair XMS PC3200 (kit)
MSI GeForce 7600GT (RC2 Drivers installed)

Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
-- Aszid
PRO New Member

Return to General Windows Support