A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

HELP! Must restore services.

HELP! Must restore services.

Postby tWeaKmoD » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:01 am

I was disabling some services (using Black Vipers website) and I must have done some ones I needed because I have got two errors and my computer is acting up. This is different than my "CPU on crack". I need to know how to restore the services to their default positions. I looked in system restore but there is no good restore point available. Thanks a lot. BTW my errors were svchost.exe (I know i disabled a few of them) and winlogon.exe. Man, just when you think you got one thing...you got another! I'm in safe mode right now so any help right away would be great!
PROfessional Member

Postby OsirisX » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:06 am

I personally think that folling the guide you mentioned should not creat a prob since everybody I knew so far had success witht hat guide. If you want to fix the prob quickly then just change every one of the services to automatic and restart.
OsirisX

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
PROfessional Member

Postby tWeaKmoD » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:08 am

If you want to fix the prob quickly then just change every one of the services to automatic and restart.

That's what I am doing right now. I just kind of freaked out and posted a quick post before thinking. I also realized that on the website there is all the defaults listed. So I'm sorry for posting this, I was quick to the trigger.
PROfessional Member

Postby Dalsim » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:10 am

It happens. We all learn from our mistakes.
"Life is merely a fraction of a second. An infinitely small amount of time to fulfill our desires, our dreams, our passions." Paul Gauguin (1848 - 1904)
AEST
PROfessional Member

Postby ~Robrowe~ » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:20 am

I used that guide awhile back and remember having issues as well but cant remember what they were but I did what you are doing now.
PROfessional Member

Postby OsirisX » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:23 am

I never used the guide and just used descpription ot decide if I will need the service or not. It's alittle more time consuming, however I know what I have disabled or enabled so if I do run in to a prob I'll know what to change.
OsirisX

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
PROfessional Member

Postby tWeaKmoD » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:29 am

Well something is going on. I can only use safe mode because regular is soooo slow, things can't load. I used system restore is safe mode and my computer gets a quick BSOD right after the windows startup screen and restarts. I'm in Linux right now. I just keep on trying to get it to boot. I don't know what the heck is going on anymore!
PROfessional Member

Postby OsirisX » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:30 am

Did you do anything else except for messing with the services, I don't think it can create that kind of prob.
OsirisX

PROfessional Member

Postby tWeaKmoD » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:32 am

No not recently I haven't done anything. Unless you count disabling my RAID controller, but I did many resarts before getting problems. The problem started when programs started locking up. I think I was trying to move a music video into another folder and it kept locking up when trying to copy. Now it just wont boot.
PROfessional Member

Postby tWeaKmoD » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:44 am

:help: OK- WINDOWS WILL NOT START! I've tried safe mode, safe mode with network, last know config, regular, and something about derectory service mode. All get BSOD before logon screen. If I were to pop in the Win XP install cd, can I just re-install Windows without screwing up my programs and stuff? I usually just jump and re-format but I really want to keep my system how I have it and not have to re-install everything. I do have a backup on a DVD, but it is an older one and doesn't have all my newer stuff. This is starting to stress me out..... :bashhead
PROfessional Member

Next

Return to Hardware and Customizing