A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

2 video cards

2 video cards

Postby Neuromancer » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:34 am

Ok first, I want to point out, I am not talking about SLI.

I tried upgrading from xp sp2 to Vista Rc1. Would not work even though it said there was no compatiblity issues.

I was running a 7600GS for primary monitor and TVOUT via SVideo cable to my TV.

Second card (x1300) runs a second monitor.
(Works great BTW, Watch a movie on one screen and play video games ona second :) )
Since I couldnt upgrade I just did a clean install.

All said and done, x1300 will not work because ATI drivers are not compatible with VGA drivers (or something)

Tried installing latest drivers no help.

Removed x1300 and trying to run 7600GS with single monitor and TV Out. Installed the rc1 drivers, since tvout was not working. Get the vertical flashing/scrolling black and white grainy picture when enabling the TV. Checked it out, tried punching in the driver fro TV not generic pnp monitor. No help. Tried using NVCPL to access it. Of course it has no options whatsoever that windows doesnt.

Closest I have been able to deduce is that it is sending the signal via SVideo as a 25Hz interlaced video. Obviously not good.

Now, I have seen that peopel are using TV out elsewhere. Am I missing something? I just upgraded to 5728. But its completely scerwed up now (things wont open etc) So getting ready to doa clean install.

I suppose I will try running the x1300 if I have no choice, I would prefer to keep my gaming card however.

Any ideas?

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere."--Thomas Jefferson
PRO GOLD

Return to General Windows Support