A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

XP X64 and Vista X64 on same RAID??

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

XP X64 and Vista X64 on same RAID??

Postby tj101 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:32 pm

I was wounder if it is possible to have a dual boot of Xp 64 bit and vista 64 bit on the same logical RAID 0 with 2 equal partitions?

My current system is running XP X64, with 2 WD harddrives, Rapture 150's ( SATA, RAID 0) I have created 2 equal partitions. Partition 1 contains the working XP OS which is Drive C. Partition 2 is currently un-formatted which is drive E.

Question is, is it possible, if so, how? to load vista 64 onto drive E and will I be able to dual boot with VBP?

Thank you advance

TJ
PRO New Member

Re: XP X64 and Vista X64 on same RAID??

Postby yeshuas » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:47 pm

I would format the drive and name it Vista 64 or something like that so you recognise it and then all you really need to do is install Vista 64 to the created partition, it will or should create the bootloader needed to dual boot
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Return to PRO Software