A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

XP Wont Load Now

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

XP Wont Load Now

Postby shonkyboy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:06 am

Hi- after a long battle to get Windows XP on my laptop i finally managed to get it all working ok - i had Windows 7 64 bit on which some of my music programs / hardware would not support - so i needed another XP partition install. I partitioned the disk and loaded XP - then put on dual boot pro and configured it as it said in another post & i was able to log into Windows 7 again - the Boot menu was set up and everything looked fine - that is until i try to load back to XP from the boot menu and i get the following error:

Windows Failed to start - blah blah blah.......
file: ntldr
Info: the selected entry could not be loaded because the application missing or corrupt

And then it just takes me back to the boot menu........

I had made the other System Partition that Windows 7 a drive letter (Z) and this is the drive list - as seen from Windows 7 :

C: (this is Windows 7) 119GB
D: (this is Windows XP) 100GB
E: SD Card
F:Memory Stick
I: (Data Drive for files etc shared between XP and 7) 67GB
Z: System reserved - this is the partition that holds the Boot info i beleive - it was the one that didnt have a drive letter assigned to it. 99.9MB

So all my hard work installing Windows Xp has now been undone as i cannot boot to it
I did look in the root of D: where XP is and there is nothing to do with ntloader there - i have never used Windows 7 and this whole Boot thing on here confuses the hell out of me - it it possible for someone to help me out please? :question
PRO New Member

Re: XP Wont Load Now

Postby Nativedude » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:20 am

Have you tried following this guide
Dual boot trouble shooting guide
PRO Level 15

Re: XP Wont Load Now

Postby yeshuas » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:26 am

try this guide and see if it will help you straighten out your problem. dual-boot-trouble-shooting-guide-xp-windows-7-running-t112569.html
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Return to Windows Boot Problems