A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

XHTML 1.1 / CSS tool... Validating XHTML CSS

XHTML 1.1 / CSS tool... Validating XHTML CSS

Postby MonkeyBoy4u » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:21 am

Hi,

I am in the need of producing some web pages which must be strictly XHTML 1.1 or CSS.

The web pages should be verified perfectly by the W3C validators.Although i have done a bit of HTML and JavaScript coding myself but i am not clear how to go about doing this. I have Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 installed.Shall i use Dreamweaver or shall i go in for some other tool.If you suggest i go in for some other tool than that must be freeware as currently I do not have the resources to invest in any other tools..

Also i am wondering how can i validate the pages using the W3C validators.It is not able to validate the HTML pages i have on my Desktop

TIA
:energetic: [Main Comp P IV 3 GHz HT,2GB RAM,4x160GB SATA HDD,NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5300,Test Comp P III 450 MHz,512MB RAM,60 GB HDD,Apple iBook G4 14'',Nokia 6681 as Mobile+PDA |IBM ThinkCentre,Power Mac G5 & Intel iMac with Mac OS 10.5 @Work] :energetic:
PRO Level 5

Postby imnuts » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:02 pm

I'd just use dreamweaver to check the validity cause it will also highlight any coding errors in a red squiggle, much like Word does with misspelled words, and it auto-corrects some tags for you, and I'm not sure if MX 2004 does this or not, but it can auto-close tags for you to keep the coding valid.
PRO SUPREME

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts