A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windows Vista 5728; my x64 install experience

Windows Vista 5728; my x64 install experience

Postby kd1966 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:29 pm

I'll preface by saying this install was nearly identical down to the keystroke to Vista RC1, and other than installing a few minutes faster than RC1, I could tell little difference in the two initially.

I booted the DVD to install, as I was in x86 XP when I burned the ISO (Using Nero 6.6.0.16) I'll say it was pretty identical to the first reboot, at which point you get the black screen telling you to wait as Windows starts for the first time................... WELL..... a minor change here as they've done away with the "Grey" background and it's all black now and the text is CENTERED now on the screen instead of aligned left (Does this make a difference.....?? no)

The post install setup windows were all the same as far as I could tell....... but the BIGGEST improvement I could tell is that I HAD IMMEDIATE INTERNET CONNECTIVITY!!! Previous builds 5472 to RC1 had me scrambling trying to figure out advanced NIC settings to get it to connect properly. MS seems to have figured this part out - at least for the Marvel Gigabit NIC's. ^*^
PRO PLATINUM

Return to General Windows Support