A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Win7-64 Disable Driver Signature enforcement

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Re: Win7-64 Disable Driver Signature enforcement

Postby judyatpda » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:21 am

A little doubtful with all the negative comment on the dseo program.
Found this and it actually is the sort of work around that would be nice till we can get a bunch of real signed drivers.
I just tried the one at the bottom of this page (at the word "download") on the W7-64 box and it seemed to work!!!
http://www.citadelindustries.net/readydriverplus/
During boot it flashes the f8 screen moves the highlight to disable driver signing and boots
its a worry it might work.
PRO New Member

Re: Win7-64 Disable Driver Signature enforcement

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 am

ReadyDriver used to work on Vista and the beta versions of Windows 7. If what it is doing is making the F8 screen available then I'd be inclined to give it a go.

On the authors site there is no mention of W 7: http://uhlik.sk/?page=swreadydriver

It may be worthwhile reading through this rather old thread on 64-Bit Driver Decoration, if it's only your .inf driver files that need fixing. It may work on .sys files too but I doubt it.

I realize we are not being of any real help to you on this issue Judy, but quite honestly most have given up on finding a solution. As far as I know the driver signing thing forms part of the Windows 7 64-Bit operating system kernel and there has been very little success in tampering with the kernel of any version of Windows.

I don't want to seem defeatist, but we tried to make this work in DualBootPRO and couldn't find a method to do so. OK so that's a year or so ago, but I'd still be very surprised if there is a new method that works.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to PRO Software