A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Who all's getting Leopard?

Postby NT50 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:11 am

I do know that CS2 is sweet on Mac
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby gries818 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:08 pm

There are some things though, still that are just annoying to any normal Windows user. Like when one closes a window by clicking the little x button. It doesn't actually close the application, just the window. Or when you double click on the title bar of a windows (to make it bigger or smaller like on Windows) it minimizes the window.

You don't even realize how much you use tiny little features like that until they are not there anymore. Not that I'm knocking OS X. It's just hard for a Windows user to get used to. Oh, yeah, the application install (at least on Tiger) can be a little bit weird but it seems to vary on which application you are installing.

But those aren't really major issues.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby NT50 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:05 pm

When I used my Mac everyday and did not touch Windows, I got so use to the MAC and especially scrolling the window with just two fingers on the mouse pad; it was actually easier to get around than in Windows. ESPECIALLY when you get all the shortcut keys down. The shortcuts keys are awesome.....
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby gries818 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:33 pm

NT50 wrote:When I used my Mac everyday and did not touch Windows, I got so use to the MAC and especially scrolling the window with just two fingers on the mouse pad; it was actually easier to get around than in Windows. ESPECIALLY when you get all the shortcut keys down. The shortcuts keys are awesome.....

Yeah, the two finger thing scroll thing is amazing.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby imnuts » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:40 am

gries818 wrote:Yeah, the two finger thing scroll thing is amazing.

just drivers ;) I do like the mostly standardized keyboard shortcuts of OS X, makes things pretty quick if you remember them.
PRO SUPREME

Previous

Return to Other Operating Systems