A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Where to install Vistabootpro

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Where to install Vistabootpro

Postby Nick1931 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:03 am

Hi! I have a dual boot installation of XP and Vista. Each os is on a seperate physical drive. It is my understanding that I will run into bootloader difficulties should I decide to format the drive that Vista is installed on. From what I read Vistabootpro will rectify the bootloader issue. What I cannot resolve in my mind is which drive to install the program on, XP or Vista. That is, if I want to format the Vista drive somewhere down the line would it not be best to run Vistabootpro from XP, if indeed that is possible. On the other hand if I install on the Vista drive I would have to run Vistabootpro and "fix" the bootloader issue before I format, right? Any comments/advise is appreciated. Thank you.
PRO New Member

Postby jbullard » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:44 am

Nick1931,

First of all welcome to PROnetworks and please stop by the <a href="http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=32">Introduction Area</a> and let us know a little about you.

To answer your question, it does not really matter which OS you install it under. VistaBootPRO will run under Vista and XP. Just make sure that you do have .Net 2.0 Framework installed in XP. And Yes! VistaBootPRO will fix your bootloader problems. There is a feature in there to "Install/Uninstall" the Vista bootloader. ^*^

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Jason
VP - Software

Return to PRO Software