A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

web hosting

web hosting

Postby Ultragamer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:58 am

To make a long story short, I'd like to make my own site, to sell templates, and have some things I've made on there. I have made a site for one person and I used 1&1 to host it. What is some other good web hosts that I can use that you can reccomend? And when someone wants me to get their web site online for them, (host it), I can use one place for as many as I want right, as long as I have different names for billing and such? Or has anyone ever heard of "http://www.hostmonster.com/" they claim that you can "Host unlimited domains" so does this mean I can have several sites, or just different domains for one site? (ie: .com, .us etc)

btw it's been a while since I've been on here, I like the new look!
PRO Level 2

Postby jbullard » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:18 am

Well, I can offer you "Unlimited Domains" for $1 per month. Just as long as you don't go over your space. The one thing to remember when people say "Unlimited" with web hosting is that most of it is still bound by some other con. For instance, I can offer you hosting of unlimited domains because I don't put a limit on how many clients can have. However, your authorized space would be 5GB. So all your hosting accounts would be using that 5GB's. Catch my drift. Yeah. Don't go with them because that is just a "Eye-Candy" statement to get your attention.

However, if you want somewhat true unlimited hosting, I would go with http://www.integrityhost.com. There support is phenomenal and they actually do have what is called an "Unlimited Reseller" plan. Now, how this works.

You purchase the unlimited reseller account and you are given (Unlimited) 10GB of space. Does this mean that is all you have, NO. If you ever need more space as an unlimited reseller account, they provide you with more space. Normally another 10GB's. I think that is the increment. However, you need to read there rules carefully, because they do have limits on what you can host.

- They do not host backup files
- They do not allow warez
- They do not allow MP3 file sharing

etc....

However, I used them for about 7 years and never once had a problem with them.

Good luck in your endeavor as it is pretty hard to find a web host company that fills all of the niceities that we as webmasters want. :lol:
VP - Software

Postby Ultragamer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:22 am

jbullard: Yeah I know what you mean about the size, I thought that sounded a lil to good to be true. Thanks! I am checking that site out now.

You purchase the unlimited reseller account and you are given (Unlimited) 10GB of space. Does this mean that is all you have, NO. If you ever need more space as an unlimited reseller account, they provide you with more space. Normally another 10GB's

Do you happen to know if it costs extra to get the extra space, and how much you can actually get, or is that where the "unlimited" comes from?
PRO Level 2

Postby jbullard » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:25 am

There is actually no limit and no there is no additional cost. The current price is $39.95 and that is all you pay. As you can see, you can make a lot of money by selling hosting accounts using this site. And, there servers are up at least 99.9% of the time. I think over my 7 year period with them, I had an uptime of 99.9%. Even breaking that down, there was only one year where I did not have 100%.
VP - Software

Postby Ultragamer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:36 am

jbullard wrote:There is actually no limit and no there is no additional cost. The current price is $39.95 and that is all you pay. As you can see, you can make a lot of money by selling hosting accounts using this site. And, there servers are up at least 99.9% of the time. I think over my 7 year period with them, I had an uptime of 99.9%. Even breaking that down, there was only one year where I did not have 100%.

Wow. So what you are saying is that I can get that unlimited thing, and actually "sell" as many accounts as I want, and them each have their own control panel to work on their site, and domain name and everything? That would be nice, because I wouldn't have to charge very much of a hosting fee if I had a couple of them, and still make money on it. Plus an additional "update fee" if they want me to keep their site updated. Cool. This site sounds real nice, thanks a lot for all the information to!
PRO Level 2

Postby RipFire12901 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:54 am

I love my dreamhost account. It has 20.9GB of bandwidth and 1072GB of disk space. They even increase by .2GB and 8GB a week. ^*^

EDIT: you can also still have unlimited websites too. :yesnod:
(temporarly empty)
PRO Level 13

Postby gries818 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:41 am

I am eventually going to myself a domain name and web hosting deal.

Problem is, I can't decided what I will call my site so until then...

:lol:

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts