A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Visual Studio 2005 Beta

Visual Studio 2005 Beta

Postby rmisiak » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:51 am

Has anyone tried the VS 2005 Beta yet? I just downloaded Visual C# 2005 Express Beta... and it looks great! There are definintely a few major bugs to work out, but I really like what I see. The ToolBox doesn't even show MainMenu, ContextMenu or StatusBar by default.. instead there are MenuStrip, ContextMenuStrip and StatusStrip which resemble the menus/etc of Office 2003. There is a conversion wizard that converts older projects to the new format - this area needs some work. After converting a rather large project which has both English and Dutch translations, I lost the Dutch translation, and it initially kept references to the old version of the .NET Framework which I had to manually change. Other then that it looks great and I already had some fun today playing around with all of the new options.
PRO New Member

Postby operator » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:46 pm

Actually the individual betas you see there is not VS 2005, rather they're part of a new family called VS "express". Basically parts of VS, designed for beginners just starting out so they don't have to drop a ton of change on a complete "suite" of components
PRO Level 2

Postby Azhar » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:16 pm

Hi,

Was the download free?

I would love to dowload Visual Studio .NET 2005 Beta - (Mainly for 1 program - Visual CSharp)

I would really appreciate it if you could post the link for download..

Thanks in advance...

Azhar
PRO Level 2

Postby imnuts » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:19 am

the mini version was, but the full beta is only available to msdn people and beta testers
PRO SUPREME

Postby perros » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:23 pm

I've tried the express version, its pretty cool, and nice to know that Microsoft will be releasing a version for us non-professional programmers.

-Perros-
PRO New Member

Postby TerroRDronE » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:11 pm

I've tried VB 2005, VC# 2005 and SQL 2005 all 'express' and their appearance & interface is kool but performance is nothing compared to VS.NET 2003 ...
T e r r o R D r o n E
PRO New Member

Postby RADar1 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:15 pm

imnuts wrote:the mini version was, but the full beta is only available to msdn people and beta testers

Check out http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/get/order/default.aspx
I've just ordered a copy of VS2005 Enterprise Beta DVD for
PRO New Member

Postby OrphicFireball » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:06 pm

Visual Studio 2005 is absolutely awesome. Visual Web Developer is enough to nearly make me get rid of all my other web developing software and switch to it. I'm impressed especially compared to FrontPage, it's awesome. I still think dreamweaver is better for making html pages and css, but visual web developer is a close second. The .net 2.0 framework is amazing, I mean "<asp:login />", and it makes the whole thing, user name, password, and "remember me", all from that simple tag. Amazing.

I only see the express version though. What regular product do I buy if I only want to do asp.net? Do I buy VB?

Visual Web Developer Express is almost enough but they take out a few cool things I use.
PRO Level 12

Postby operator » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:08 pm

VS is far more than VB, I got the cd set mailed out to me a few weeks ago but ive been totally busy and not able to work with it much, still it is far more impressive than 2003, even with still being in beta
PRO Level 2

Postby matt2488 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:15 am

A teacher at my school got the Release of VB 2005 its like 8 dvds and it was teh corporation version he loaded it onto his computer and it is amazing... its alot more user friendly (what windows has been getting at for years now) this is why so many programmers have lost their jobs... because it has become so easy for the average joe to do it
matt2488

Next

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts