A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VistaBootPRO v.2.1 "Run this Program as an admin"

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

VistaBootPRO v.2.1 "Run this Program as an admin"

Postby umasan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:26 pm

I've just downloaded VistaBootPRO version 2.1 to check a possibility of using it to recover Vista on the second drive During installation on XP, the installer requested to install .Net Framworl version 2. Installation went OK but when I tried to open the VistaBootPRO, as an administrator, I still got "Cannot access BCD Registry. Please right-click the ....... to try again" error. I repeated installation with or without anti-virus&spyware programs running but the results were the same. What could be wrong? With version 1, I did not get such error.
PRO Level 2

Re: VistaBootPRO v.2.1 ""Run this Program as an ad

Postby gries818 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:40 pm

umasan wrote:I've just downloaded VistaBootPRO version 2.1 to check a possibility of using it to recover Vista on the second drive During installation on XP, the installer requested to install .Net Framworl version 2. Installation went OK but when I tried to open the VistaBootPRO, as an administrator, I still got "Cannot access BCD Registry. Please right-click the ....... to try again" error. I repeated installation with or without anti-virus&spyware programs running but the results were the same. What could be wrong? With version 1, I did not get such error.

Can you post a screenshot of the message so we may determine if this is a bug with VistaBootPRO or something on Vista.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby umasan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:02 pm

Hi. I've un-installed the version 2.1. The error message was the standard one when you try to open the program without administrator's privelige. I got the same message with version 1.0 when I did not use the privelige. If you really need it I will re-install again.

According to new web info, Microsoft released newer version of Vista. Can we re-install system without loosing the drive contents with this new version? I almost decided to re-install the Vista from a disc I bought. The reason I am hesitating is that I spent entire week for installation of various programs and testing of them. I should not waited to make a backup. I wanted one with the system which is almost perfect.
PRO Level 2

Return to PRO Software