A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VistaBootPro tries to open a port

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

VistaBootPro tries to open a port

Postby Godot » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:13 pm

When i start VistaBootPro, the Windows Firewall asks for permission to open a port.Why a tool, which tunes the bootconfiguration has to open a port ?
PRO New Member

Postby kd1966 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:23 pm

That is only to check for updates, nothing more.
PRO PLATINUM

Postby gries818 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:41 pm

Yeah don't worry about it. VistaBootPRO doesn't check for updates unless you tell it too (by using the menu control).

But, Vista's "firewall" is asking to block certain features in VistaBootPRO that require admin privelliges, not just the web checking.

VistaBootPRO never contacts any servers without you directly telling it to, we made sure of that

By the way, welcome to PROnetworks!!! Stop by our <a href="http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=32">Introduction Area</a> and say hi ^*^

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby kd1966 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:35 pm

Yeah, when I first run VBPro after installing, the Vista Firewall asks whether I want to continue blocking the program or unblock it................ but there is no activity/checking. Checking for updates is a manual process in the program
PRO PLATINUM

Return to PRO Software