A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VistaBootPRO

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

VistaBootPRO

Postby bakgat » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:37 am

I have XP Pro installed on a SATA hd. I disconnected the SATA drive and did a new Vista Bus. installation on an Ide drive. My boot sequence default to Vista. To boot in XP I change the cmos settings. I have downloaded BootPro and would like to know whether this will solve my problem of having to enter my cmos. I am not interested to do a new install?
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:35 pm

Hi bakgat and welcome to PROnetworks. Check out this guide to getting a dual boot setup in your situation: Unplugged XP Drive for Vista Setup: Can't Dual Boot to XP
Last edited by Grav!ty on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Vista dual boot parcial success

Postby bakgat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:29 am

Briefly according to bios: Vista installed IDE 0 MASTER
Xp. Pro installed IDE 2 ATA MASTER
VistaBootPro installed, my dual boot is working providing the ATA drive is activated in my bios as the system disk or first boot option. Unfortunately on re boot the bios revert to the IDE 0.
With Vista and EX presented as boot option, selecting XP my screen goes blank and remain so? I need to somehow permanently set the ATA as the default drive.
Thank you in anticipation.
Chris J
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software