A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VBP doesn't show up when I boot

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

VBP doesn't show up when I boot

Postby scottlent » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:28 am

I guess this is about as basic as you can get. I have read many of the postings on this site hoping to find something to help me. I did try copying the boot folder from the Vista directory to my XP root directory ... nothing. My system just boots up to the old XP OS as though VBP and/or Vista aren't even there. What should I do?

Here is the data from my registry settings:

There is currently 2 OS(s) installed on your system.
The current boot timeout is: 30

Default OS:

Entry 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Microsoft Windows Vista
BCD ID: {2c88227a-d5db-11dd-b11c-ec502f4e6602}
Boot Drive: K:
Windows Drive: K:
System Bootloader: \Windows\system32\winload.exe
Windows Directory: \Windows

Entry 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Earlier Version of Windows
BCD ID: {ntldr}
Boot Drive: C:
System Bootloader: \ntldr
PRO New Member

Re: VBP doesn't show up when I boot

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:47 am

I'm going to move your topic to the Vista Boot Support forum in due course scottlent.

Did you have both drives attached to the computer when installing Vista? Was XP installed first followed by Vista if you have only one drive but with two or more partitions? Is K the correct drive letter for Vista as seen from Windows XP?

I think try either installing the Vista bootloader>All Drives from the System bootloader page of VistaBootPRO or run a startup repair by booting to your Vista DVD and selecting Repair my computer at the install now setup screen.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby kd1966 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:32 am

I would also ask if VBPRo is installed in XP (I'm sure this is the case) and if you have tried to "reinstall" or repair the bcdedit menu using VBPro through XP.............
PRO PLATINUM

Postby scottlent » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:55 pm

thanks for your reply. Both systems are installed on the same physical hard drive with K: as the partition on which Vista is installed. XP was resident on the drive before I installed Vista. I am going to try your bootloader and repair suggestions.

Is the Vista Boot Support another forum on this site?

Thanks
PRO New Member

Postby kd1966 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:53 pm

I believe you are at the correct website for VBPro support ^*^
PRO PLATINUM

Return to PRO Software