A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VBP 3.2 and 3.3 error

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Re: VBP 3.2 and 3.3 error

Postby pyg » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:08 pm

I just did the same: install Windows XP Pro on E: on a Toshiba that had only Windows Vista on C:. Then I launch VistaBootPro 3.3.0 under Windows XP, I get the same error message when I try to backup the BCD, although it seems that the backup file is created.

I have added XP using Manage OS Entries. I understand the next step is to use System Bootloader in order to effectively get a dual boot; I am a little worried because of the error messages I get, and would like to know whether it is serious, before I proceed.

Is this a serious error or not?

foreigner wrote:Hallo and kind regards to all

I am not a native English speaker but I hope you can still understand what I am writing.

I have got a Toshiba Notebook with preinstalled Vista Ultimate with Recovery CD. I then installed Windows XP SP2 as second OS and - as expected - could then only boot to Win XP. I made the necessary steps (with bcdedit and VistaBootPro 3.1.0) to make a dual boot configuration. All went well and is working as expected, no errors what so ever.

I installed then VistaBootPro 3.2.0, run it and got the already here reported message:
"First Backup"
"VistaBootPro has detected that you have not performed a backup of your BCD registry..."
I click on Accept and I am taken to the "BCD/Registry Backup/Restore Center"
Click on "Browse", select dir for backup and enter a filename.
New pop-up
"VistaBootPro error"
"VistaBootPro detected an error while attempting to run the following command:
/export....."
"The operation was completed successfully"
I always got this when starting VBP3.2

I hoped than VBP 3.3.0 would resolve the problem but I have with this version the same troubles. I wonder if I am the only one with this error because since the advent of VBP 3.3.0 nobody here seems to be affected any more.
Please tell me if you still are working on the problem or if I have to live with the Beta-Version 3.1.0.

Thanks for reading this
foreigner
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:57 pm

You'll get that message until your BCD has been configured correctly. That will happen when you install the Vista bootloader.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to PRO Software