A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Urgent Help Needed for WindowsBootPro

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Urgent Help Needed for WindowsBootPro

Postby brwarner » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:26 am

I used WindowsBootPro on my other computer to change the default operating system (because my keyboard for some reason doesn't function in Boot Manager so it keeps defaulting to Vista).
I ran boot manager in XP. Backuped my Boot settings and changed the default and renamed the OSs.
(Older Version of Windows -> Window XP(Games))
(Microsoft Windows -> Windows (Vista))
Then restarted my computer to test it but whichever I click the same message comes. It says something is changed in the software settings and I have to insert my Windows CD and run the Repair tool but I have no clue where I put my Windows CD. Is there any way to fix it??
(Note - I am using another keyboard for Boot Manager because as I mentioned my Wireless one doesnt function properly with it)
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:34 am

Hi brwarner and welcome to PROnetworks. I have no idea why you would be getting that message but what that is to referring is more than likely Startup repair of Windows Vista for which you will need your Vista DVD.

See Reformatted and Reinstalled XP: Lost Boot to Vista for the process to follow for that.

By the way what version of VistaBootPRO did you use...3.1 which is the latest on the download site or an earlier version?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby brwarner » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:35 am

Grav!ty wrote:Hi brwarner and welcome to PROnetworks. I have no idea why you would be getting that message but what that is referring is more than likely Startup repair of Windows Vista.

See Reformatted and Reinstalled XP: Lost Boot to Vista for the process to follow for that.

By the way what version of VistaBootPRO did you use... 3.1 which is the latest on the download site or an earlier version?

I downloaded the one on the site today. The error message says there is an error with /ntldr and could not read the entry because it is corrupt.

I'm looking into your URL now
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:39 am

Is it possible that you maybe changed the drive letter of Windows XP or both by mistake while renaming them?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby brwarner » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:36 am

I don't think so. All I did was change the default + change the names. I'll tell you anything I find after I complete the outlined steps.

EDIT: Can I run the outlined steps without getting into windows because I cant get into XP or Vista.
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:40 am

Yes, just boot from your DVD and then follow the steps and that should at least get you back into Vista brwarner :yesnod:

From there we can work on getting your XP installation booting again

PROfessional Member

Return to PRO Software