A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Upgrading from VistaBootPro

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Upgrading from VistaBootPro

Postby Sin4sure » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi,
Its been a while since I have on this forum. I seem to have a problem. I was running VistaBootPro for both Vista and XP. Worked great then several months ago I was unable to boot into Vista and have not been able to get into it ever since. Not a big thing as most of my programs love XP.
However I am now facing just a normal re-format of my laptop. My laptop originally came with Vista and I will prob. have to install this again ( C:) and then install my XP as before on a partition (d:) then a 3rd partition for storage.
Will the new program DualBoot work for me? Where can I go to read about the installation procedures? Is it better to create the partitions in Vista or use a 3rd party software?

Thanks

Cindy :pc
PRO Level 2

Re: Upgrading from VistaBootPro

Postby gries818 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm not much of a Windows or DBP expert, but I don't think you should have to ever worrying about formatting over XP if you can still boot into it. I'm sure more knowledge folks will be able to arrive shortly to help out soon enough ^*^

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Re: Upgrading from VistaBootPro

Postby jbullard » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:50 pm

We do have a Guides section that will walk you through the necessary steps for installing these in a dual boot configuration. Depending on the order of installation would determine if you need DBP. If you choose to install XP after Vista (or 7) then yes you will need it. If you choose to install in the correct order then most likely you will not. I say that because sometimes installations can mess up and DBP can help fix the boot problems associated with Vista in dual boot configurations. :yesnod:
VP - Software

Return to Windows Boot Problems