A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Unable to boot to second hard drives OS Win 7

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Unable to boot to second hard drives OS Win 7

Postby acrafton » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:17 am

I just installed Dualbootpro hoping to be able to boot into Vista Ultimate 32 bit or Windows 7 32 bit but am only able to boot into Vista Ultimate. Vista is installed on my C drive and Windows 7 on my second hard drive along with XP. When I use DualBootPro to try and load Windows 7 it states and error has occured and to insert the language disk and try rebooting. This also happens if I try to load XP with DualBootPro.

If I just plug in my second hard drive it boots into Windows 7 by default without a problem.

I uninstalled DualBootPro and reinstalled it but still can only boot into the OS on my C drive. Anything on my other hard drive gives me the error message above. My second hard drive is seen in windows explorer and I can access file on it but it would be nice to be able to load my old copy of Vista Ultimate and XP without having to unplug my primary hard drive.

Hope some one has a suggestion on how to make this work.

Thanks.
PRO New Member

Re: Unable to boot to second hard drives OS Win 7

Postby NT50 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:50 pm

1. I moved your topic here for more attention to boot problems

2. Please read the guides below first and see if that helps. Your system can be fixed.

Dual Boot Trouble Shooting Guide / Vista Running

[Dual Boot Trouble Shooting Guide - XP / Windows 7 Running
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems