A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

trouble installing any operating system

trouble installing any operating system

Postby DEVILSAN » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:42 am

Hello Everyone,

I need some one to figure out what is wrong with my computer , I am not able to install any new (secondary)operation system , I have a 64-bit machine, but the current OS I have installed since 3 years is windows xp pro 32-bit, I was able to install different OS like Windows 7 or sometimes even Fedora 7 but I had got rid of em and just kept Windows XP, Now I want to try Windows 8 Consumer Preview Edition I've got but but everytime I am trying to install I get this error saying IRQL_less_or_equal. sometimes I try to format with windows built in Disk management I get this error that the drive is locked, I have tried Partition manager as well but didn't really got the empty partition to be able to install any new OS. In case of windows 8 I don't reach the stage where I can choose which partition to install OS onto, in case of trying to install Fedora 16 64-bit I do get to choose the partition where i want to install but i end up with some error I do not understand and the installation just stops.

for Fedora I have tried installing on Ext3 partition but i reformatted it to NTFS and merged another partition with it. Please help me out I want secondary 64-bit OS...
PRO Level 13

Re: trouble installing any operating system

Postby yeshuas » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:52 pm

several things could be the culprit, memory needs reseating, DVD needs cleaning, burn DVD at a slower speed, and use quality dvd media, if you have wireless mouse or keyboard batteries may be weak or transmitter signal is being interfered with, video card may need to be reseated, I would start with cleaning dvd player and burning slower of the dvd
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby DEVILSAN » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:46 pm

I have used the same DVD to install Windows 8 64-bit on a laptop and i had no problems ... the system has 3GB of RAM supported on windows xp 32-bit out of 5GB , two 1GB sticks are not working but till ther could RAM chip be the culprits...
PRO Level 13

Postby JabbaPapa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:04 am

This sounds like either a cable issue, or PSU failure.

Every time I've had this problem, I solved it by rewiring my rig.

I'd suggest removing the data cables and unplugging power cables from your optical and hardware drives, then recreating the wiring as if building the computer again.

Clean out any dust etc.

This is most likely to fix your problem, if you have not already found a solution in the interim.
PRO VETERAN

Postby DEVILSAN » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 am

I got rid of this problem just by taking of RAM chip...
PRO Level 13

Return to General Windows Support