A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Toshiba A205-S4639 Cant Startup

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Toshiba A205-S4639 Cant Startup

Postby barojunior » Tue May 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi all,

Just new on the forum and need someone's help. My laptop Toshiba A205-S4639 just cant boot up now instead its making a continuous noise on start up then two beeps then the beeps stop this is after the Toshiba logo and the F2 and F12 prompts but u cant even use them they are not responding. The fan starts very well but it stops functioning after the beeps.Then it hangs up cant continue from there, the screen remains black with some dos words that the OS cant be loaded it has vista. Have removed the battery,keyboard, changed the HDD and Ram also but all this its still bringing the same sound on startup. Could it be the motherboard its out of warranty and its expensive to fix laptops over here. Anyone with information how to sort it out kindly let me know coz it has all my uni stuff thanks in advance.
PRO New Member

Re: Toshiba A205-S4639 Cant Startup

Postby yeshuas » Tue May 11, 2010 8:39 pm

It sounds to me like either the motherboard and or the CPU.

Have you tried removing 1 or both sticks of Ram and booting the laptop?
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby NT50 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:07 pm

I need to know the beeps. Beeps are codes to tell you what is wrong.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby barojunior » Wed May 12, 2010 1:59 am

@ Yeshuas yes have removed and replaced the memory sticks but the noise is still there when it starts.
@ NT50 when the machine starts there is a prolonged continuous very loud noise teeeeeeeeeeeeeee! coming from the speakers as if one of the keyboard keys is pressed down when a system starts to boot then it stops and followed immediately by two shot beeps which are not very loud as the first one then the sound stops but the system doesnt continue to boot it hangs up. Have even started it without the keyboard just to confirm that its not one of the keys affecting it but still the sound is there.The led indicator light flips on and off when the sound is there.
PRO New Member

Postby NT50 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:11 am

if I'm reading properly and your notebook ha sthe Phoenix BIOS then the 1 long and 2 short beep codes means the display adapter has failed.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby yeshuas » Wed May 12, 2010 9:25 am

NT50 wrote:if I'm reading properly and your notebook ha sthe Phoenix BIOS then the 1 long and 2 short beep codes means the display adapter has failed.

YOu may want to try to remove and replace the connection for the display adapter, which is a ribbon type cable connection, before just trashing the computer, actually any and all connections just to make sure
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Return to Windows Boot Problems