A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

The Intel

The Intel

Postby skunkwerks » Fri May 07, 2004 3:41 am

can anybody tell me about this chip...i checked the site and it was the standard promotional shpeel....anyhelp is VERY much apreciated!
All the Dachaus must remain standing. The Dachaus, the Belsens, the Buchenwalds, the Auschwitzes - all of them. They must remain standing because they are a monument to a moment in time when some men decided to turn the Earth into a graveyard. Into it they shoveled all of their reason, their logic, their knowledge, but worst of all, their conscience
PRO Level 2

Postby pollocktodd » Thu May 13, 2004 9:33 pm

What do you want to know about it?
PRO Level 2

Re: The Intel

Postby comtechman911 » Wed May 19, 2004 11:09 am

skunkwerks wrote:can anybody tell me about this chip...i checked the site and it was the standard promotional shpeel....anyhelp is VERY much apreciated!

use google or intel website to find the information about the chip, otherwise u need to be specific
PRO New Member

Postby steve85 » Mon May 31, 2004 6:35 pm

well i an an intel dealer so I sell a few of them. Not only do you need to look at the chipset but the board as well. One board can do more then another with the same chipset. In a nutshell this is a newer version of the 7501. It suppors ECC DDR 266 (can only be in pairs) and the new board have on board serial RAID ) It has standard IDE and 32 bit 33 PCIs and well as 64 bit 66/100 and some 133 MHz PCI X Slots. The Intel boards are big so make sure you case will suport 11" 12" i think it is also they use a 24 pin power supply not a reg 20 pin but the Antec true 550 with the 24 pin will work fine. These boards support the 533 Xeons (the 604 pin) and I don't think they support hte older 603 (400 FSB) but there were some 7501s that did both. I would say to the use the 2.4 Xeon beacuse it is the best price for the speed but they are up to 3.2 so it is your money I would also say to use the Kingston ECC memory it works great in these baords and is supported by Intel (but not listed on their site) very long story on that one)
I don't want to break any rules of this fourm but I personally have a few new 3 year w baord that I would like to sell but I can tell you were to get one cheep as well. You can find the older 7500 and 7501 very cheep on a few places that are new old stock and they will work fine for a basic server

let me know if I can help you out with any thing further Steve
PRO New Member

Return to Hardware and Customizing