A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Stupid mcafee problem

Stupid mcafee problem

Postby imintheloserssquare » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:42 pm

of course like always its stupid windows vista giving me another stupid problem to p*ss me off. I just installed the 64-bit vista. According to mcafee's website it says the program will work.
I installed mcafee internet security (has all anti spam,firewall,anti virus,etc)
it worked for a day and then when i click on it to bring it up all i get is a blank window, its still protecting everything but the stupid security center won't work. SO i uninstalled it and rebooted and re installed it and it installed no problem but when i open the stupid security center ..same thing.
i am so tired of this :-x
The Windows Machine:
2.2ghz AMD 64 X2 4200
4GB PC6400 ram
300GB raptor drive+160gb back up
ASUS M2N32-SLI Premium Vista Edition
creative soundblaster XFI music
Nvidia Geforce 8500GT PCIe 512mb
windows vista home premium 64-bit
-and-
2.6ghz macbook pro with snow leopard
PRO Level 7

Postby Grav!ty » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:11 pm

I wonder if it's a driver signing thing? You can check that in Windows Defender>Tools>Software Explorer to see if it's listed there. Not sure what I typed is the correct path but it should something like that.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby imintheloserssquare » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:58 am

you think that will help? i don't understand what you want me to do.
anyways its still being annoying. now i think it might have a virus or something because when i tried to install it a 3rd time it got really laggy froze up. also when i uninstall things it starting messing up too.
*sigh* im in the seventh circle of computer hell
The Windows Machine:
2.2ghz AMD 64 X2 4200
4GB PC6400 ram
300GB raptor drive+160gb back up
ASUS M2N32-SLI Premium Vista Edition
creative soundblaster XFI music
Nvidia Geforce 8500GT PCIe 512mb
windows vista home premium 64-bit
-and-
2.6ghz macbook pro with snow leopard
PRO Level 7

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:28 am

If it appears in software explorer then it will mention there that the problem is 64-bit driver signing, which is a total pain in 64-Bit Vista and prevents affected programs from running properly or running at all.

If that is the problem there's a solution HERE. You might find that useful anyway running 64-Bit :yesnod:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to Security & Virus