A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Slipstreaming XP SP3 into Windows XP MCE 2005

Re: Slipstreaming XP SP3 into Windows XP MCE 2005

Postby atater » Thu May 28, 2009 5:14 pm

I already had those files from the original Media Center disk, and that really takes me back to my original posting question--

My question is, (in LOGiCALEX's Step 4 it is said to "replace the files becouse they are different versions"), Which ones should be replaced???? The files from the original disk carry a date of year 2004 and a size approximately 30% larger than the ones produced through slipstreaming, which carry a date of 2008. As they are still packed, I do not know which version each carries.

On reflection, and rereading all the posts in this topic, could it have been that your attempts, Gravity, were thwarted by the use of the three smaller slipstreamed files instead of the originals from the MC disk? I will now go ahead with the those original files inserted and let you know how it turns out. Unfortunately, I don't have all that much time these days, wo it may be a week or so before I get back to report my results.

Again, thanks.
PRO New Member

Re: Slipstreaming XP SP3 into Windows XP MCE 2005

Postby Grav!ty » Fri May 29, 2009 12:16 am

I'd say replace the ones produced by slipstreaming with those from the original CD :yesnod:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to General Windows Support