A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Sledgehammer is Down Hard

Sledgehammer is Down Hard

Postby ~Robrowe~ » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:06 pm

My 64 bit machine has bit the dust, currently aI am leaning towards the mother board. First my 4 120 GB Sata dirves in raid0 will pass the array but windows will not format them now my 250 GB WD hard drive fails a low level format. Memory sticks were hot, I think I have lost Vcontrol from a mosfet and the voltage feeding the VIA raid controller and the South bridge controller as well as memory has gone south. I can test the drives in another machine but all the syptoms lead the same direction as I just dont see 5 different hard drives crapping at the same time. Currently it will not even boot from a floppy but everything in the bios checks good. :yesnod:

I have an SK8N laying around that I may try, but for now I am on my server, AMD xp3000+ with a 9700 pro graphics and 1GB corsair in a dual channel config. Its still water cooled and a decent rig but doesnt compare to the sledgehamer. :cry:
PROfessional Member

Postby johnliscomb » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:37 pm

Ugh!

Although i do think it is kinda funny that you have a 9700 in a server.
johnliscomb

Postby OsirisX » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:44 pm

Sorry to hear that, the only prob I can think of is the heat but you have water cooling...............
OsirisX

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
PROfessional Member

Postby johnliscomb » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:30 am

are you sure your PS is beefy enough for your needs? It sounds like you have a pretty hefty rig.
johnliscomb

Postby silvekrnightofis » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:32 pm

yeah...john got there before me...i mean, the heat would be my first guess, but u've got wc...so thats definetly not a problem...wait, the a64 is watercooled rite? the next step is ur psu, i mean, five hdds and an a64? thats a lot of strain, maybe ur psu is kicking the bucket...try removing every single drive except for the one that has ur os and see if u can boot...if that doesnt work, i guess ur stuck replacing ur mobo
PRO Level 2

Postby TCD » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:52 pm

^^^ silver has the right idea...

It may be the PSU... Also, running mem test may not be a bad idea as well.
PRO New Member

Postby johnliscomb » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:39 am

i would test each component individually from top to bottom at this point with known good stuff. :) GL
johnliscomb

Return to Hardware and Customizing