A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Router question and advice

Re: Router question and advice

Postby mnemonicj » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:58 pm

phileysmiley wrote:
NT50 wrote:Larry

With the setup you have now and NOT having to change any cards in your computers, you will have to get a dual ban router in or for your backup computer to connect.

Per say: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6833320031

By the way, I liek ASUS routers as my #2 choice.

Okay, thanks guys. I think I have it sorted out now. I definitely am not going to sink any more money into the old laptop to upgrade the card. And I do not want to slow down my speed on the new one. So there are only 2 ways I can get the higher speeds on the new laptop:

1) Get a single band router and keep the old laptop connection off unless I really need it
2) Get a dual-band router

Since the router at Newegg is so cheap I don't see any reason not to get a dual-band router then. I thought they were more $$ than that.

According to the specs on Newegg, that ASUS is not a dual band router. The frequencies it operates on are in the 2.4 to 2.5GHz range. A dual band router also operates in the 5GHz range.

Here are the dual band routers
PRO Level 15

Re: Router question and advice

Postby phileysmiley » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:31 pm

mnemonicj wrote:According to the specs on Newegg, that ASUS is not a dual band router. The frequencies it operates on are in the 2.4 to 2.5GHz range. A dual band router also operates in the 5GHz range.

Here are the dual band routers

Okay, thanks! I have bookmarked that page. :yesnod: I wish I had a frequent buyer discount from them! I just spent a couple thousand there. :lol:
Media Director

Previous

Return to Hardware and Customizing