A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Problems Installing Office 2007

Problems Installing Office 2007

Postby NT50 » Sat May 27, 2006 4:30 am

Just FYI......

When I installed Office 2007, it started writing the reg keys and error windows started popping up. I figured out it was Spysweeper protecting the registery. Spysweeper version 4.5 added some registery protection when released.

The error window gave me a choice to retry, ignore, or cancel. I clicked retry and it would not work, I shutdown Spysweeper completely and Office finished installing without a problem.

I was looking briefly where to report this but to no success. If somebody knows where I can report this to MS I would be more than glad to do so.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby phileysmiley » Sat May 27, 2006 4:46 am

I had a problem myself installing it on Tuesday and tried to find someone to talk to but I was laughed at. This was at WinHEC, which is sponsored by MS and is attended by hundreds of MS staffers. Nobody was interested in helping me.

I eventually figured out the issue on my own. Good luck finding someone to talk to.
Media Director

Postby NT50 » Sat May 27, 2006 3:19 pm

phileysmiley wrote:I had a problem myself installing it on Tuesday and tried to find someone to talk to but I was laughed at. This was at WinHEC, which is sponsored by MS and is attended by hundreds of MS staffers. Nobody was interested in helping me.

I eventually figured out the issue on my own. Good luck finding someone to talk to.

Yea read that thread. That must be weird bing around all those MS people and nobody able to help you with office.........
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby phileysmiley » Sat May 27, 2006 7:41 pm

NT50 wrote:
phileysmiley wrote:I had a problem myself installing it on Tuesday and tried to find someone to talk to but I was laughed at. This was at WinHEC, which is sponsored by MS and is attended by hundreds of MS staffers. Nobody was interested in helping me.

Yea read that thread. That must be weird bing around all those MS people and nobody able to help you with office.........

Not only that, but they mocked me for asking. But that's neither here nor there...perhaps I just asked the wrong people. But it does say something about their culture. I'm not afraid to bite the hand that fed me (literally) this week. There was quite a bit left to be desired.
Media Director

Return to Alpha / Beta Software