A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Printer Sharing

Postby msly » Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:53 pm

Can you share printers with WXP. Have small network 13 computers, 3 xps home, others w98se. I would like to share one printer connected to one of the xps with 3 w98 computers. I thought that I had read somewhere that you cannot share printers. Is this correct? Thanks, Gloria
PRO New Member

Postby zalez » Thu Jan 10, 2002 2:26 am

Yes you can share printers. I am currently sharing my printer but I only have to xp machines. I am not sure if you can do it between win98 and xp. but if you go to control panel>printers>and then click on your printer and then right click and look for "sharing.." and it should walk you through it from there.
PRO Level 3

Postby Scorbing » Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:39 am

Yes you can share amoung mixed PC's.. I have 5 here 3 running XP and 2 running ME. I have the printer loacted on a XP machine USB port. All I had to do is setup as a XP printer driver and add the additional drivers using the additional drivers button loacted on the sharing tab in printer properties. (open printers and right click printer icon, select properties) All but one donkey XP machine works. It has a bad install of XP.. Thanks Nick
PRO New Member

Return to General Windows Support