A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Things you can do with an iPAD that might surprise you

Things you can do with an iPAD that might surprise you

Postby kanaloa » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Going to try and post something new every few days if I can... lately I've been discovering all sorts of things. Here's a couple to get us started. Feel free to share your own tips/findings.

1.) iPAD's have a built in microphone, so you can actually use an App like Skype to make phone calls via Wifi. Sound quality is surprisingly good and crisp.

2.) Ever want to capture what's on your iPAD screen? Hit the home and lock button simultaneously to take a screen capture of the screen at the time.

3.) Using an App like 'Team Viewer' you can actually remote into your PC or Mac - from anywhere you have Wifi.

4.) Using Apple's 'Remote' App you can control iTunes and/or Apple TV remotely turning your iPAD into a large remote.

5.) Two great free Adobe (of all things) Apps: 'Adobe Ideas' - good for notes and drawing (including on screen captures noted above), and 'Adobe Photoshop Express" - great for simple photo editing.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Re: Things you can do with an iPAD that might surprise you

Postby tWeaKmoD » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:49 pm

I don't have an iPad but I know someone who set up a server at home with all their movies and then put some app on their iPad so they could stream their movies from anywhere with internet...
PROfessional Member

Postby kanaloa » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:35 pm

tWeaKmoD wrote:I don't have an iPad but I know someone who set up a server at home with all their movies and then put some app on their iPad so they could stream their movies from anywhere with internet...

Air Video, I installed it yesterday... definitely a cool app. ^*^
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby shreader » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:18 pm

Last August I picked up a iPad 6th generation WiFi 9.7 inch for a good price, not the cell model which cost +$100.00

I have been playing w/ it heavily for the past 2 days & got around 30 MP4s copied over to it using the iTunes app.
I also installed a file manager which I uninstalled later yesterday because it was interfering w/ me playing/viewing said MP4s.

I am going on a vacation to Oahu, HI for 8 days soon & wanted to be able to view the videos & besides read my book for the 6 hour flight.

I know I have a lot more to learn & will do that.
Thank you John for starting this thread w/ your tips ^*^
Software Director

Return to Other Operating Systems