A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Removal of dual boot option in boot screen

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Removal of dual boot option in boot screen

Postby GeoffW » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:25 am

My need to alternatively boot Vista and XP is no longer required. I have uninstalled Dualbootpro via Control Panel/ Programs/ Uninstall but when booting up I still get the option of selecting either Vista or XP and need tro choose "Vista". Is there any way to remove this selection step and allow booting to continue with Vista only? Regards, Geoff
PRO New Member

Re: Removal of dual boot option in boot screen

Postby shreader » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Geoff did you remove XP completely from your PC?
If you did you should be able to do a start-up repair w/ the Vista DVD by booting from the DVD & choosing to repair the PC after drilling down a bit.

Edit: If this doesn't work the first time, you may have to run it twice.
Software Director

Postby GeoffW » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:41 am

Many thanks for your help. Yes, XP was completely removed. The question of using the Vista "recovery disc" supplied originally By MSI with the laptop gives no "repair" option - only "recovery" by clean booting.
I will question MSI further as I am sure that in years past I have used their Recovery Disc to repair the laptop.
It won't be long before I need to update the 7 year old laptop and my desire to avoid the extra selection step will disappear.
Thanks again!
PRO New Member

Postby shreader » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Geoff, you might try installing DBP again & running "Diagnostics" from the top menu. If that doesn't work try choosing the "Windows Vista" from the System Bootloader tab.
Software Director

Return to Windows Boot Problems