A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windows 10 – New information

Re: Windows 10 – New information

Postby shreader » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:49 am

Today build 10074 leaked, 4 .esd files.
Someone also leaked the build 10074 x64 PRO .ISO

It was mentioned this is the Windows 10 build that will be given out @ Build 2015 (Developers Conference) which begins tomorrow in San Francisco.
http://www.buildwindows.com/

Its kinda nice to get a copy of this before its released to the world by MS tomorrow or Thursday.
Software Director

Postby shreader » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:29 pm

Yep, yesterday in the afternoon (PT zone) Microsoft made build 10074 (Insider Preview) PRO, & Enterprise available for update from a previous Windows 10 build through Windows Update or by downloading the .ISO from Microsoft.

I snagged 1 of each flavor, both x64 even though the x86 choices are available for either too.

The update took awhile on my test rig (real hardware) & I had to run disk cleanup to recover space from the update (windows.old, etc.) & also dumped the recovery folder which was holding a ton-of-bytes. The clean install on VMware 11 Workstation was very fast, I have VMware 11 is running in Windows 10.

So far I am impressed in this build, everything I have tested (apps, etc.) is working. Pronetworks DualBootPro v1.1 runs good too, it was already installed before the W10 update.
Software Director

Postby shreader » Thu May 14, 2015 2:53 am

Windows 10 will have 7 editions: Home, Mobile, Pro, Enterprise, Education, Mobile Enterprise, and IoT Core

Microsoft today announced Windows 10 will ship in at least seven editions. In no particular order, these are: Home, Mobile, Pro, Enterprise, Education, Mobile Enterprise, and IoT Core.

Microsoft once again emphasized that Windows 10 will be optimized for a broad range of devices — everything from PCs, tablets, phones, Internet of Things (IoT), Xbox One, Microsoft HoloLens, Surface Hub. Despite these various editions, the company is promising that users will be able to access “a single, universal Windows Store” where they can find, try, and buy universal Windows apps.

Here is a rundown of all the editions:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/13/windo ... -iot-core/

*On a side note, I saw a Connect link for a new IoT build 10075 download.
Software Director

Postby shreader » Thu May 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Windows 10 build 10122 in Pro & Enterprise are available now using WU.
The faster your bandwidth & CPU/Ram speeds, the faster your install speed will be.
Software Director

Postby jackslap » Mon May 25, 2015 6:12 pm

10125 is available now. sort of interesting, have been installing versions for a couple of days. 10122 enterprise I tried to install as upgrade on pro, wouldn't so did clean install have been using quite a few on the road, so they are mobile
PRO Level 12

Postby shreader » Tue May 26, 2015 1:02 pm

I installed 10125 also but in Hyper-V w/ Windows 8.1 PRO host.

So far it runs great, no hick-ups or problems.
Software Director

Postby shreader » Fri May 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs

We have a new build for PCs releasing today to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring – Build 10130. As I mentioned with the last build, from here onward you are going to see a lot of tuning, tweaking, stabilizing, and polishing which means fewer big feature changes from build to build. You’ll see that in this build which has a number of small improvements and more polish. For example – you will see some new icons (check out File Explorer) as well as many subtle changes to the UX. We heard a lot feedback around icons in Windows 10 and think these new ones are a bit more refined. Let us know what you think. We’ve also added new Taskbar animations for actions like moving files, downloads, etc. and more improvements to Start. And we also heard a lot of feedback around the border around Action Center – which is now gone in this build and looks much nicer.

More at:
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindow ... 0-for-pcs/
Software Director

Postby shreader » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Several new leaked build on the web.
I grabbed the 10135 & installed it on Hyper-V that has a Windows 8.1 x64 host, it runs quite well for me.

This AM on my Test Rig 1 that has Win10 10074 x64 (slow ring), yesterday the build 10130 now is available on slow ring (w/ patches they say) so I let WU install that, it took a little over 1 hour to complete the update. Then after letting it settle-in I ran Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr) to remove the old upgrade files & there was a lot.

After completed I tested DualBootPro 1.1 & it runs fine.
Next I tested VMware 11.1, sure enough it had lost its network availability from the host update like it did previously, so I did as I did previously & did a "repair" from the VMware 11.1 .exe I downloaded earlier, that worked :)

Now I am happy w/ my primary apps I tested working on this WU update to b10130, think I'll keep it for now.
Software Director

Postby shreader » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:36 am

Another Win10 build leaked last week, build 10147.
I snagged a copy (of PRO x64) & installed it in Hyper-V, it runs pretty good actually.
The problem w/ this one is that one needs new product keys to activate it.
Software Director

Postby shreader » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:01 pm

I am wondering if anyone reading this thread is also clicking on the mini MS flag in the taskbar, on the right?
This is a reservation button for the 'Free' upgrade to Windows 10 from your existing Win7 SP1 or Win8.1 OSs.
Once you agree & give your email addy, MS will send you a confirmation email, that's how it's worked for me so far.

A couple of times when the flag didn't show-up after installing the prerequisite WU updates I just browsed to the .exe file & double clicked on it (not as admin) & the flag showed up immediately.

Note, Browse to: 'C'/Windows/System32/GWX & run (double click, not as admin.) GWX.exe to get flag in taskbar.

Windows 10 WU update KB3035583 to install on Win7 & Win8.1 PCs
also
MS FAQ says also need
W8.1 - KB2976978
W7 SP1 - KB2952664

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insi ... f4b7ed2fb9
Software Director

PreviousNext

Return to Alpha / Beta Software