A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

SQL for beginners tutorial (Offsite)

SQL for beginners tutorial (Offsite)

Postby djdabaer » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:33 pm

SQL Introduction

This SQL Tutorial site is aimed to teach beginners the building blocks of SQL. This site is divided into the following sections:

SQL Commands: How SQL is used to store, retrieve, and manipulate data in the relational database.
Table Manipulation: How SQL is used to manage tables inside the database.
Links: Additional SQL-related information.

By the end of this brief tutorial, you should have a good general understanding of the syntax of SQL. In addition, you should be able to write SQL code to perform basic queries. My experience is that understanding the basics of SQL is much easier than mastering all the intricacies of this computer language, and I hope you will reach the same conclusion as well.

View rest of site.
Last edited by djdabaer on Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PROfessional Member

Postby Weaver » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:37 pm

I am generally not a fan of linking to offsite tutorials, but the one you have posted is excellent. Thanks.

-Weaver
Public Keys

The primary purpose of the DATA statement is to give names to constants; instead of referring to pi as 3.141592653589793 at every appearance, the variable PI can be given that value with a DATA statement and used instead of the longer form of the constant. This also simplifies modifying the program, should the value of pi change.
-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers
PROfessional Member

Postby djdabaer » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:40 pm

Sorry bout that. I am still getting the hang of what people here like and require. But, I am trying.

Thanks for the tip.

-Jeremy
PROfessional Member

Postby Weaver » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:53 pm

Liking and requiring are generally never one in the same. There really aren't too many requirements around here as long as you adhere to the Terms. Many people post links to offsite information, nothing wrong with that. It is what the Internet is here for.

However, when I click on a topic that says "(Blank) for Beginners" I (me, not pro-networks) expect to see a tutorial written by our bretheren directed at us. I didn't/don't mean to sound negative, the links you have posted are excellent. I think it would be a great idea if the subject line conatained an indicator making mention that the tutorial is a link or is offsite.

Example: PHP For Beginners (Offsite) or PHP for Beginners (Link)

Just my opinion.

-Weaver
Public Keys

The primary purpose of the DATA statement is to give names to constants; instead of referring to pi as 3.141592653589793 at every appearance, the variable PI can be given that value with a DATA statement and used instead of the longer form of the constant. This also simplifies modifying the program, should the value of pi change.
-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers
PROfessional Member

Postby djdabaer » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:58 pm

I appreciate that note. You are right, and I did not think of that when posting. It would kinda bug me too. I wish I new enough bout SQL to write my own tutorial. :woot :woot
PROfessional Member

Postby Mac33 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:13 pm

I got to say though, i personally appreciate your efforts Jeremy, but Weaver does have a good point.
Keep up the good work, it is appreciated.
all the best.. :thumbs:
PROfessional Member

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts