A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

DBPro cannot see Windows8

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

DBPro cannot see Windows8

Postby Hasanat » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm

I have 3 OS's installed in my computer. Originally I had 3 Win7's, in 3 separate hard drives. One was the original installation and the other 2 were cloned by using Hyperos. It produced the 3 separate entries in the boot configuration.
Recently I purchased Windows 8 upgrade. This I installed in one of the Win7 clones. The installation went all right. When first booting into Win8, it gave an option to either boot into Win8 or the other 2 Win7 installations. If I booted into Win8, everything would be all right. If I chose one of the other 2 Win7's, it would reboot into the Win7. That too is alright. BUT the next time I wanted to boot into Win8, that option was missing. In other words I cannot now boot into Win8. I bought DualBoot Pro, in the hope that it will find the Win8. But this too does NOT show Win8. Only the other 2 Win7 OS's. So this was a waste of money, unless this can be solved.
Surprisingly a free program called VisualBCD DOES show the Win8 as a boot option. I CAN boot into Win8 after using VisualBCD. But only once. Afterwards, it reverts into the 2 Win7 options only. And I have to run VisualBCD again.
I am completely lost. Please HELP.
PRO New Member

Re: DBPro cannot see Windows8

Postby shreader » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Have you tried a "startup reapir" using your W8 DVD?
if not you may have to run it twice.
Software Director

Return to Windows Boot Problems